NSiS - Disasters Info & Files
The Fidonet Disasters Echo was started by Chris Baker and I during the relief/recovery period following Hurricane Andrew. I maintained a selection of related files on the Nordevald Software BBS. Here are some of the files and a few new ones.
Images | Storm Tracking Software | Preparation | Recovery
- Dr. Gray's hurricane forecasts
- Issued early June, early August, and late November.
- FEMA's Disaster News Locator
- News releases by event, disasters archives.
- FEMA's Tropical Storm Watch
- Weather advisories, photos of damage, preparedness, hurricane archives.
- Florida Showcase Communities
- Project to improve disaster resistance.
- Green Cross
- Focuses on environmental damage and disasters.
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- National Hurricane Center
- Tropical advisories, predictions, images.
- National Snow & Ice Center
- Information on snow cover, avalanches, glaciers, et cetera -- data and images
- National Weather Service
- Interactive Weather Information Network
- Pets & Disasters
- Critter preparedness - keep pets safe
- Red Cross
- American Red Cross
- Univ of Hawaii's satellite lab of the central Pacific, including volcano images
- Storm Chaser
- Where the (tornado) pros are, their stories and pics
- Tropical Cyclone FAQ
- FAQ: Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Tropical Cyclones by Chris Landsea
- The definitive weather site - weather cams, forecasts, tracking maps, images, advisories, software, and a huge list of other web resources
Storm Tracking Software
- National Weather Service weather and damage images
- Erin NOWRad image from 0430Z AUG 02 1995 (FL east coast) (23K)
- Erin NOWRad image from 1400Z AUG 03 1995 (FL panhandle) (36K)
- Erin NOWRad image from 1500Z AUG 03 1995 (FL panhandle) (36K)
- Erin NOWRad image from 1600Z AUG 03 1995 (FL panhandle) (37K)
- Erin NOWRad image from 1700Z AUG 03 1995 (FL panhandle) (39K)
- Felix Vis satellite image from 18Z AUG 12 1995 showing eye structure (85K)
- Felix Vis satellite image from 00Z AUG 13 1995 showing storm at peak (79K)
- Felix Vis satellite image from 12Z AUG 13 1995 as eye disappears (83K)
Links | Images | Storm Tracking Software | Preparation | Recovery
- FSU/Florida Explores!
- Get the latest storm data
- Hurricane Tracking Chart
- Global Tracks
- Hurricane Tracking Software
- Tracking the Eye
- Hurricane Tracking Software
- UM Weather's Software List
- Great list of links to tracking and other weather-related software
- Check out the latest software at WeatherNet
- Storm v.6.1 Storm tracking program with new Atlantic and Pacific maps plus data on ~80 storms VGA/EGA/CGA/Hercules (231K)
- Storm '92 data files - Andrew, Bonnie, Charley, Danielle, Earl, Frances (4K)
- Storm '93 data files - Arlene, Bret, Cindy, Dennis, Emily, Floyd, Gert (9K)
- Storm '94 data files - Alberto, Beryl, Chris, Debby, Ernesto, Florence, Gordon (3K)
- Storm '95 data files - Allison, Barry, Chantal, Dean, Erin, Felix, Gabrielle, Humberto, Iris, Jerry, Karen, Luis, Marilyn, Noel, Opal, Pablo, Roxanne, Sebastien, Tanya (12K)
- Storm '96 data files - Arthur, Bertha, Cesar, Dolly, Edouard, Gustav, Fran, Hortense, Isidore, Josephine, Kyle, Lili, Marco (6K)
[ Your Florida Backyard
Copyright © 1997-2015 Marianne Cowley
All Rights Reserved